IMAM MAHDI (AJTF) IN SUNNI NARRATIONS

How can the existence of Imam Mahdi (may Allah hasten his reappearance) be proven from Sunni narrations?

There are numerous narrations in Sunni sources about a person from the Ahl al-Bayt named Mahdi who will bring justice to the world. Here are some examples:

1.    The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said in a narration: “The Mahdi is from us, the Ahl al-Bayt.”[1]

2.    In another narration, it is said, “Even if only one day remains from the life of the world, Allah will prolong that day until a man from my Ahl al-Bayt is sent. His name will be my name. He will fill the earth with fairness and justice as it was filled with oppression and tyranny.”[2]

3.    The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) also said, “The world will not end until a man from my Ahl al-Bayt rules over the Arabs. His name will be my name.”[3]

4.    Regarding Imam Mahdi (AJTF), Sunni narrations state: “The Mahdi is from the descendants of Fatimah.”[4]

5.    Al-Hakim al-Nishapuri narrates: “The Hour will not be established until the earth is filled with oppression and tyranny. Then, someone from my Ahl al-Bayt will emerge and fill it with fairness and justice as it was filled with oppression and tyranny.”[5]

Based on these narrations, it is stated that from the Sunni perspective, the reappearance of a person from the Ahl al-Bayt (AS) and the descendants of Lady Fatimah (SA) is certain. He will appear when the world is filled with oppression and tyranny, and he will fill the world with fairness and justice as it was filled with oppression and tyranny.

[1] . Sunan Ibn Majah: Ibn Majah, Vol: 2, P: 1367.

[2] . Sunan Abu Dawud: Al-Sijistani, Abu Dawud, Vol: 4, P: 106.

[3] . Sunan Al-Tirmidhi: Al-Tirmidhi, Muhammad bin Isa, Vol: 4, P: 505.

[4] . Sunan Ibn Majah: Ibn Majah, Vol: 2, P: 1368.

[5] . Al-Mustadrak ala Al-Sahihayn: Al-Hakim, Abu Abdullah, Vol: 4, P: 600.